Our low carb calculator uses a special formula to calculate the optimal ketogenic ratios based on your weight, gender, body fat percentage, daily activity levels, workouts and end goals. The ratios will roughly be:
- Fat = 65-70% of the calories
- Protein = 20-25% of the calories
- Carbohydrates = 5% of the calories
Please keep in mind that each gram of fat, protein, and carbohydrates provide calories as such:
- Fat = 9 calories per gram
- Protein = 4 calories per gram
- Carbohydrates = 4 calories per gram
For example, if you need to eat 1600 total calories per day, then the distribution will be roughly:
- Fat = 124 grams
- Protein = 100 grams
- Carbohydrates = 20 grams
To learn more about macronutrients, please read our complete guide to macros.
You can also find the keto calculator on tasteaholics.com.